Italian Breaks is committed to your privacy and protecting your personal information. There are certain pieces of data we must collect, in order to provide our services. Below you will find more information on this topic.
What information are we collecting?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your travel party:
– Names and contact/addresses details including telephone number and email addresses;
– Credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
– Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements;
– Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect on the website can be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We only collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will also seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information on the website?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
– When you purchase a product or service from or through us,
– When you subscribe to our newsletter (usually just your email address),
– When you register an account with us,
– When you speak to any of our team (via chat or telephone),
– When you complete a survey or enter a competition,
What will we do with this information?
1. We will only use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
2. We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
3. For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
4. Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, billing postcode, your address and other related information. This information is required and necessary for the performance of our contract with you. We do not have sight of the complete card number or CVV code at any time, but this will be held securely by our merchant provider.
5. We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
6. We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/stock in our company or our website.
7. We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
8. We may, from time to time, contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
We are also storing and using your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter – if you have opted in). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept, but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible via email at email@example.com.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us via email for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Subscribers can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time. You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletters.
Please note that in order for us to provide you with a great service, we use ‘Cookies’ on our website.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this web site – session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We may collect information such as your IP address, online activity, web browser details and online activity. We will not however collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
Internet Explorer 9/10:
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are crucial to enabling you to navigate the website and use it properly, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, how long they stay and if they return. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor directly. All information these cookies collect is aggregated, statistical and anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works, long-term.
By using our website, you agree that we can place all these types of cookies on your device (computer, smartphone, etc.).
To find out more information about cookies in general, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Protecting your information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps such as two-factor authentication and password protected systems to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
Please note that our website contains hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: 1. your telephone calls; and 2. customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are private and shall remain our sole property.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re-read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our website and also available by request via email.