TRAVEL WITHIN ITALY BY SEA – FERRIES
Italy has a total of almost 5,275 miles of coastline, including the peninsula itself and all the numerous islands around the country. There are many services linking the islands by sea to the mainland: the main links are by car ferries and hydrofoils. In addition, ships from all the countries around the Mediterranean are moored in the well-equipped Italian ports. The main Italian ports of embarkation for the large islands of Sicily and Sardinia are: Genoa, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples and Villa San Giovanni.
- The Adriatica Shipping Line, Zattere 1411 – 30123 Venezia, Tel. 041 781861 – Reservation via Fax 041 781864 (only for Travel Agents), connections by Ferry: Brindisi with Igoumenitsa and Patras in Greece and Corfu; Ancona, Bari, Trieste with Durres (Albania); Ancona, Bari with Bar (Montenegro); Ancona, Bari with Dubrovnik and Spalato (Croatia); by Hydrofoil, from June into September, Trieste to the Istrian Peninsula.
- The Ventouris Ferries, c/o P. Lorusso & Co.;
- Via Piccinni 133 – 70100 Bari, Tel. 080 5212840;
- or 5217643, Fax 080 5218229, connects: Bari with Igoumenitsa and Patras in Greece, and Bari with Corfu; Brindisi with Igoumenitsa and Corfu.
- The Marlines c/o Pierpaolo Santelia Agency
- Via Latilla 15 – 70100 Bari, Tel. 080 5231824
- or 5275447 Fax 080 5230287 connects Bari with Igoumenitsa.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
FERRY COMPANIES ON THE WEB:
- Tirrenia, Toremar, Caremar, Adriatica, Siremar and Saremar www.tirrenia.it
- Campania – www.caremar.it [email protected]
- Sicily – www.siremar.it [email protected]
- Sardinia – www.saremar.it [email protected]
- Elba/Giglio/Capraria – www.toremar.it [email protected]
- Adriatic Coast – www.adriatica.it
- Sardinia/Elba – www.moby.it [email protected]
- Sardinia/Sicily – www.1gnv.it [email protected]
- Campania/Sicily/Aeolian Islands – www.snav.it [email protected]
- Lazio/Campania – www.alilauro.it [email protected]
- Ponza – www.vetor.it [email protected]
- Sardinia – www.corsicaferries.com
- Sicily – www.usticalines.it [email protected]
- Liguria/Cinque Terre www.navigazionegolfopoeti.it – [email protected]
For General information and bookings on-line